Start: Base Camp, Injisuthi
Finish: Base Camp, Injisuthi
Duration: 5 days
Distance: ±43 kms
Our tip: This This route is a perfect route for someone with a good fitness level but not much experience in the burg. It will take you to the escarpment and let you see some of the most amazing views. Highly recommended for a first-time visitor to the escarpment.
- Day 1 From the rest Camp up past Fergie’s cave to the Contour path and on to Centenary hut.
- Day 2 from Centenary hut follow the contour path to the bottom of Judges pass make your way up the pass. Once you reach the escarpment continue along the Trojan wall to your overnight stop at upper Injisuthi cave
- Day 3 from Upper Injisuthi cave one makes their way up the Mafadi peak witch is the highest point in south Africa. There on it’s all downhill one continues to hike along the escarpment to the top of leslies pass. Hike down to the bottom of Leslies pass and find somewhere to pitch your tent as you will be spending the night here.
- Day 4 from your campsite at the bottom of Leslies pass follow the Marble Barth’s stream to your last night’s stop in the marble baths caves enjoy some time on the slides and pools around this area.
- Day 5 from marble baths make your way along the hiking path until you get to the fork where you turned off to Fergie’s cave continue along the path until you reach the tar road that will take you back to base camp.