Start: Base Camp, Injisuthi
Finish: Base Camp, Injisuthi
Duration: 6 days
Distance: ±53 kms
Our tip: This hike is not an easy hike and one must truly look at one’s fitness before accepting the challenge we strongly recommend that you have a good couple of hikes under your belt before taking his one on as there is some heavy climbing and long hike days.
- Day 1 From the rest Camp up past Fergie’s cave to the Contour path and on to Centenary hut.
- Day 2 Centenary Hut along the contour path to Bannermans hut.
- Day 3 from Bannermans hut up the Bannermans pass. This pass is no joke and you will definitely be put to the test. Once you reach the top of the pass make camp and enjoy an evening under canvas.
- Day 4 from the top of Bannermans make your way along the escarpment along the Trojan wall and on to your Nights stop in the upper Injisuthi cave.
- Day 5 from Upper Injisuthi cave one makes their way up the Mafadi peak witch is the highest point in south Africa. There on it’s all downhill one continues to hike along the escarpment to the top of Leslies pass. Hike down to the bottom of Leslies pass and along the Marble baths stream to Marble baths cave take some time to play on the slides and swim in the pools.
- Day 6 from Marble baths make your way along the hiking path until you get to the fork where you turned off to Fergie’s cave continue along the path until you reach the tar road that will take you back to base camp.